How does a HireSafe pre-employment background check work?
Once you find the service that fits your company best, fill out the online subscriber agreement. Our professional staff in California will verify your company information in about 24 hours. Once your company is verified you will be emailed login credentials for our QuickApp background check portal to login select "client login" on our front page. (see below)
Most Clients use the QuickApp™ Electronic Format to Request a Screening
Using the HireSafe QuickApp™ online management system to request a report
Once you have signed up and your business has been verified by HireSafe, you will receive a log in for our QuickApp™ online management system.
- Access the QuickApp™ online management system through the secure “client login” link on our front page.
- Request one of our background check packages.
- Basic National Profile.
- Essential National Profile.
- Management National Profile
- Or one of our more extensive packages.
- Select optional add-ons for a more in depth screening.
- Drug Testing
- Academic and Employment History
- Credit Reports
- Driving records
- Or one of our many other additional services.
- Enter the contact information for your applicant.
- We will send your candidate online compliance forms and a link to begin the process.
- Your candidate will enter their personal information into our secure online system.
- Once all the information is submitted successfully we will begin the background check process.
What happens when we perform the Pre-Employment Background check?
- We will validate your applicant’s identity using their name, date of birth and social security number. This ensures information retrieved matches your candidate and not just someone with the same name.
- We will trace your applicants address history and any names they may have gone by in the past to ensure we find all relevant information.
- Based on the information provided from the identity validation and address search we will conduct a county criminal record search. This involves collecting records from the courts in counties where your applicant has lived. This search finds misdemeanors and felony records.
- Next we search criminal databases records spanning multiple states. We also search the U.S. Department of Justice repository and sex offender databases. If any hits are found, we verify and confirm the information at the local court level.
- Our experienced employment background check staff will verify the accuracy of the information found and ensure all the proper procedures were followed for FCRA and state compliance.
- A customized report is sent to you for review and a copy is emailed to the applicant.
After the background check
- Now it’s time to decide if you want to hire this candidate!
- If you decide not to HireSafe offers compliant electronic adverse action letters.
- If this is the candidate you want, it’s time for on-boarding!