Background Check Report Dispute


To perform an employment background check report, we obtain information from public records. If you believe that the public record itself is incorrect, you will need to contact the public agency to seek a correction, since we cannot correct this for you.

If you believe that our background check report incorrectly states what the public records show or that our report incorrectly states anything other than a public record, you can have us re-investigate our report by filling out and returning our Dispute Resolution form below or by contacting our Consumer Relations Department by telephone at 888-792-4473 or by fax at 916-226-2552.

We do not make decisions for anyone based on our reports. For example, we do not make employers’ hiring decisions. If you believe that a report we provided to someone was correct, but disagree with the hiring decision being made based on it, you will need to contact the person who used the report to make this decision.

Disputed Results

Prior to initiating a dispute report request you should review a current copy of your HireSafe report (less than 60 days old) containing the information that you would like to dispute. So that HireSafe can process your request in a timely manner, please provide all pertinent information regarding your dispute prior to submission. This helps ensure that you are disputing information currently maintained by HireSafe. If you do not have a current copy of the report, please complete the report request form available for download at the bottom of the page or by contacting our Consumer Relations team at 1-888-792-4473.

HireSafe will provide the results of the reinvestigation to the current address you provided via US Mail or online if available. Pursuant to the FCRA, the dispute reinvestigation process may take up to 30 days from the date HireSafe receives your completed. If you have any questions regarding this form or process, contact our Consumer Relations Department at 1-888-792-4473. If HireSafe determines additional information is needed in order to process your dispute, HireSafe will attempt to contact you using the contact information that you provide.

In order to process your request in a timely manner, please closely review all instructions below, provide all information requested and then submit this form to HireSafe. You should also review the document A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act which further explains your rights.

Our mailing address:

9290 West Stockton Blvd. Ste 100
Elk Grove, CA USA 95758
Attn: Consumer Relations Department

HireSafe Online Dispute Form

  • General Information

  • Current Address (If less than 6 months at current address, please provide a previous address)

  • Contact Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Talk with a Screening Specialist!

Enter your information below and a screening specialist will call you as soon as possible.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.