Form I-9 Advantage
Streamlined Document Management
Why is compliance so important? Because it's your bottom line!
Each year, the government issues increasingly more audits and penalties for Form I-9 non-compliance. In 2012, ICE issued $13 million in fines.
Even simple paperwork errors can lead to costly audits and penalties. The best solution: the Form I-9 Advantage program; a quick and efficient document management solution.
HireSafe offers the Form I-9 Advantage document management software in addition to employment background checks.
Click Get Started.
Then fill out our brief contact form. A HireSafe consultant will contact you as soon as possible.
Form I-9 Advantage Document Management
Go totally paperless with your Form I-9 requirement. The new digital Form I-9 Advantage document management program offered through HireSafe provides employers with new and expedient methods of complying with the legal requirements of IRCA. As a federally approved Designated Agent of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA), our firm increases the efficiency and validity of Form I-9 employment verifications and processes.
Record-keeping requirements for the paper-based Form
I-9 are cumbersome and the laws are hard to follow. For instance, the record-retention for the Form I-9 can be either one year or three with fines for under-documentation and over-documentation! Is someone in your HR department managing, tracking and purging these files routinely?
Most likely not, creating maximum exposure for hefty fines for non-compliance by ICE. Now with the i9 Advantage program all the functions, details and documentation for the Form I-9 are digitally processed to effectively manage your federal hiring requirements.
What are the benefits of using Form I-9 Advantage?
• Electronically complete, sign and store the Form I-9.
• Real time validation of data entered into the Form I-9.
• Instant Employment Verification – Send employee's data to E-Verify for employment verification,
and receive step- by-step process for resolving Tentative Non-confirmations.
• Expiration Notices – Email notification of an employee's expiring work authorization is sent out
before it becomes a problem.
• No servers or software to install or maintain.
• Easy Searching – Search for stored forms to export, or print the PDF.
• Audit Log – All actions (creation, view and print) relating to a form are tracked in the audit log.
• Multiple permission levels for increased security.
• Duplication Alert – User is notified when entering a form for an employee who already has a form on
file. Preventing different employees from using the same SSN.
• Access your online account anywhere with an Internet connection.
• Greatly reduce your exposure to government audits, financial penalties and negative publicity
resulting from non-compliance.
• Our system stays current with the most recent Form I-9 and E-Verify updates.
Optional E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification
Using the specific information contained on the Form I-9, we electronically verify the accuracy of Social Security Numbers, Immigration “A” numbers, and i94 arrival/departure numbers and provide a DHS-issued unique verification number, which should be attached to the employee’s original Form I-9.
Confirmation of eligibility status is virtually instant. For those individuals with future expirations of their documents an automatic warning system will alert you. Digital signature and storage make compliance fast and easy, while demonstrating your good-faith effort to abide by the federal immigration laws.
Why is the Form I-9 Advantage better than a paper based or E-Verify program alone?
The government's E-Verify Program only cross checks social security numbers with the government database and the department of homeland security. It does not protect you from costly government audit procedures, validate your form information, and can take months to integrate into your HR hiring procedures. Also, when you're done using the E-Verify Program you're still stuck with a paper form to retain (no online searchable storage).
If the government audits your company they WILL NOT accept paper forms for medium and large companies, so you would end up having to scan every form into a digital format, name every file, and turn it all in within a 72 hour period to the auditors.
The Form I-9 Advantage program takes all of the work out of connecting to and dealing with the E-Verify system, and will electronically store your I-9 Forms, remind you when forms are expiring, validate and verify each form, as well as help you manage government audits.
HireSafe Digital Form I-9 Advantage service enable employers to:
- Confirm the legal “right to work” status of newly hired employees and receive a unique verification number from the Department of Homeland Security.
- Use an error-detecting electronic Form I-9, virtually eliminating processing errors and simplifying the document completion process.
- Electronically store and retrieve active and inactive i9 Forms, providing anytime, anywhere secure paperless access for updating, re-verification and governmental inspection as dictated by law.
- Receive automated alerts 90, 60 and 30-days in advance of the expiration of employees' work authorization documents, enabling employees to apply for renewal of their work authorizations, greatly increasing the probability that they can legally continue to work without interruption.
- Easily identify current employees with mismatched Social Security number(s), through the SSA’s Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS).
Measurable Benefits with Form I-9 Advantage Employment Verification:
- Simplify and improve the efficiency of your Form I-9 employment verification process.
- Provide Executive Management with the peace of mind that your employees’ Social Security and Immigration documents are valid.
- Substantially decrease human errors in completing I-9 Forms.
- Cost-effectively reduce your exposure to government audits, financial penalties and negative publicity resulting from non-compliance.
- Improve the accuracy of your payroll and tax reporting and virtually eliminate SSA inquiries concerning unmatched Social Security accounts.
- Create a paperless, electronic Form i9 storage and retrieval system.
- Provide a more stable workforce by reducing disruptive and costly turnover of legally unauthorized employees.
- Demonstrate “Good Faith” compliance with the employment verification provisions of IRCA through participation in the government’s Employment Verification Program.
- Protect U.S. jobs for individuals who have a legal right to work in the United States.
- Help reduce the country’s spiraling identify theft crisis.
HireSafe Form I-9 Advantage Compliance Consulting Services
The HireSafe professional consulting services are designed to provide confidential and comprehensive audits of an employer’s Form I-9 program and processes. Our senior staff includes trained and experienced individuals, including former INS officials and executive-level teams of Human Resources professionals. Our senior consultants can:
- Prepare a confidential “risk assessment report” of your overall I-9 program and make proactive recommendations for reorganization and simplification.
- Identify errors, omissions and technical discrepancies in all active and inactive I-9 Forms and provide recommendations for remedial action.
- Provide assistance for the renewal of work authorization documents.
- Help employers purge inactive I-9 Forms as allowed by law.
- Participate in government inspections and audits of i9 Forms.
- Train internal HR staff to properly manage and administer their Form I-9 program and processes.
Information for Federal Contractors
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) final rule, known as the Federal contractor rule, directs Federal agencies to require many Federal contractors to use E-Verify to electronically verify the employment eligibility of certain of their employees. It requires Federal contractors to agree, through language inserted into their Federal contracts, to use the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all persons they hire during a contract term, as well as their current employees who perform work under a Federal contract within the United States. The rule’s requirements to include language on E-Verify in Federal contracts took effect on September 8, 2009.
GOT A QUESTION? or Would like to add a comment?
comments powered by