Washington Background Checks & Criminal History Screening
Elite Washington Background Screening | Criminal Background Checks | Drug Testing | Form I-9 Document Management | Applicant Tracking.
HireSafe offers secure and compliant Washington background checks - Criminal, Employment and Education, as well as many other screening solutions.
We're based in California with roots up and down the west coast. We are very happy to sign on new clients from the beautiful and economically and environmentally vibrant Pacific Northwest.
Notably, we are a client-driven organization. We take pride in fostering long-term partnerships and adding value to our clients.
Unlike many of our big competitors, we do not outsource services from outside of the country, and we ALWAYS have someone waiting to help you.
Why choose HireSafe?
Elite Professional Experience
1. HireSafe has 16+ years of employment background screening in virtually every industry and region in the country. We intend to grow and thrive for a long time.
2. We carry Professional Liability Insurance (similar to malpractice). You DON’T want to work with a company that that doesn’t have this insurance protection in place for you.
3. HireSafe is a licensed California Private Investigative Agency under our corporate name, Data Research Network, Inc. (CA PI #25313). A licensed investigator is your best assurance of security and quality work on your behalf.
Trusted and Reliable
4. HireSafe is accredited and rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. We encourage you to compare us side by side with our industry competitors.
5. HireSafe was one of the Founding Members of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) in 2003. We operate as a trusted authority on background screening practices.
6. We follow the Fair Credit Reporting Act to the exact letter of the law. This is for our client's protection, the safeguarding of each applicant's rights as well as our legal and moral responsibility. In turn, we exist without a blemish in an industry that cannot boast the same.
7. We do not require monthly fees or minimum purchase requirements. You only pay for those services that you want and need.
8. Unlike many of our competitors, HireSafe does not offshore any business processes outside of the country.
9. Imagine this: We personally answer our phones and know our clients by name. We are always available to answer questions, provide support and service your business needs.
Click below and sign up today!
A reliable source of the Washington Background Screening for employers
How do employers get a Washington criminal history background check? The answer is very straight forward: HireSafe! offers secure and compliant web-based employment background screening and pre-employment background checks that allows employers to access the most up to date, comprehensive Washington criminal records available for current and prospective employees.
Washington Instant Jurisdictions Reporting:
State FCRA Rulings
Abide by the Federal Trade Commission’s Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U. S. C. § 1661 et seq. and the following state ruling:
RCW 19.182.040 – Consumer report – Prohibited information – Exceptions
Except as authorized under subsection (2) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make a consumer report containing any of the following items of information: (e) Records of arrest, indictment, or conviction of crime that, from date of disposition, release, or parole, antedate the report by more than seven years. (2) Subsection (1) of this section is not applicable in the case of a consumer report to be used in connection with: (c) The employment of an individual at an annual salary that equals, or that may reasonable be expected to equal, $20,000 or more.
Motor Vehicle Record Search Requirements by the State of Washington
A Motor Vehicle Report is sometimes referred to as a MVR, MVR Report, MVR Search, MVR Check, a Driver's License Verification, a Driving Records search, or a DMV search. The Washington Motor Vehicle Report checks the driving record of a potential employee and verifies that an applicant has the driver's license claimed. It may provide information regarding irresponsible behavior, including whether there is a history of substance abuse, repeated traffic violations, failures to appear, and unpaid fines
Checking the driving record of current and prospective employees by using HireSafe’s search of Washington DMV records is crucial to the success of your businesses. A search the Washington Department of Motor Vehicles records will gather trustworthy information which may pertain to areas of public safety, human resources and other business permissible purposes.
Washington Departments of Motor Vehicles (DMV’s) maintain and provide driving records in one way or another. Washington Motor Vehicle Records (MVR’s) report the applicants’ statewide driving records, including Commercial Driver's License status (CDL) for at least 3 years, oftentimes up to 7 years. It is logical to screen Washington motor vehicle records for any employment position requiring driving, such as trucking, transportation, delivery, DOT compliance or any use of company vehicles. However the MVR provides additional valuable insight into the character of the applicant regardless of the position being filled. Most importantly, the Washington MVR is the only source for a verified date-of-birth which is critical for an accurate criminal record search. Washington County court criminal records are filled by name and date-of-birth, not by SSN! Motor Vehicle Reports provide a wealth of personal data that can be used for cross-reference, and criminal offenses pertaining to motor vehicles which may not be revealed by other criminal checks.
Washington driving record (WA)
You must have a valid driver license to legally operate a motor vehicle, motorcycle, moped, or motor-driven cycle on public roadways in Washington State. Records are available for 5 years from conviction date for violations, actions, and accidents. It takes 2-3 weeks before new records are available for inquiry.
Washington driver’s license configuration
Format: 5 Alphabetic (last name), 1 Alphabetic (first name), 1 Alphabetic (middle name), 3 Numeric, 2 Alphanumeric
If last or middle name field falls short, fill with *'s
Required Data: DL #, DOB
A reliable, single source for all of your employment screening needs:
Solutions by Name
Solutions by Need