How does a HireSafe pre-employment background check work?
Once you find the service that fits your company best, fill out the online subscriber agreement. Our professional staff in California will verify your company information in about 24 hours. Once your company is verified you will be emailed login credentials for our QuickApp background check portal to login select "client login" on our front page. (see below)
How do I start a background check for a potential employee?
Using the QuickApp™ Electronic Format to Request a Compliant Screening Report
Once you have signed up and your business has been verified by HireSafe, you will receive a log in for our QuickApp™ online management system.
- Access the QuickApp™ online management system through the secure “client login” link on our front page.
- Request one of our background check packages.
- Basic National Profile.
- Essential National Profile.
- Management National Profile
- Or one of our more extensive packages.
- Select optional add-ons for a more in depth screening.
- Drug Testing
- Academic and Employment History
- Credit Reports
- Driving records
- Or one of our many other additional services.
- Enter the contact information for your applicant - only their full name and email address.
- We'll send your candidate an email invitation to begin the process.
- All the required online compliance forms are delivered with verification to your applicant.
- Your applicant will enter their personal information into our secure online system.
- Once all the information is submitted successfully we will begin the background check process.
About the HireSafe QuickApp™
Our QuickApp™ electronic format allows you order background checks online. The process is simple, enter your applicant’s information and they will be emailed a secure link. The applicant can then log into our secure platform to submit their personal information themselves.
The QuickApp™ format:
- Provides FCRA compliant federal and state documents
- Uses digital signature for authorization. No paper needed!
- Reduces your work load so you can focus on your company priorities.
- Ensures accuracy by having the applicant enter their information directly.
- Eliminates the need to bridge the gap between the applicant and background check company.
- Improves applicant satisfaction while allowing them to be a part of the process.
- Improves privacy for you and your potential hires.
- Decreases turnaround time with improved accuracy and direct applicant connection.
- Simplifies the Adverse Information Letter if a candidate is disqualified due to background check information.
HireSafe consults county courts, past employers and educational institutions retrieving information ONLY from reliable and compliant documented sources. HireSafe follows the law and uses only compliant sources and methods, ensuring privacy and consistency in your screening policy. To ensure absolute professionalism:
- We document researcher actions as they occur ensuring accuracy.
- We store copies of every document acquired through the verification process to protect you.
- We ensure information sources are reliable and compliant.
- We prioritize security and privacy with advanced data security practices.
- We have been in business since 1997 with friendly, experienced and knowledgeable staff.
Go Further with our QuickApp PRO™ Digital Employment Application
Our fully-integrated and customized QuickApp PRO™ Digital Employment Application supplies all application data directly to you with no paperwork involved. Customized with your personal preferences, starting the background screening process is one click away on your QuickApp dashboard.
Our Advanced Technology Works for You
Inviting an applicant to complete the hiring process through HireSafe leverages our Instascreen™ technology and two decades of experience to support your decision making process. While our services save you time, it’s more than just efficient processing. Our services elevate your application screening process for you and your candidates.
USA based compliant background check provider for over 21 years.
HireSafe has provided compliant employment background check services for over 20 years. We're a founding member of the PBSA and all our screening services are FCRA compliant and completed within the USA.
With us, you’ll never worry about your company’s data being shipped overseas to third-world countries, unlike many other background check companies. We value and guard the applicants' personal information like it was our own.
What happens when we perform the Pre-Employment Background check?
- We will validate your applicant’s identity using their name, date of birth and social security number. This ensures information retrieved matches your candidate and not just someone with the same name.
- We will trace your applicants address history and any names they may have gone by in the past to ensure we find all relevant information.
- Based on the information provided from the identity validation and address search we will conduct a county criminal record search. This involves collecting records from the courts in counties where your applicant has lived. This search finds misdemeanors and felony records.
- Next we search criminal databases records spanning multiple states. We also search the U.S. Department of Justice repository and sex offender databases. If any hits are found, we verify and confirm the information at the local court level.
- Our experienced employment background check staff will verify the accuracy of the information found and ensure all the proper procedures were followed for FCRA and state compliance.
- A customized report is sent to you for review and a copy is emailed to the applicant.
After the background check
- Now it’s time to decide if you want to hire this candidate!
- If you decide not hire this candidate you MUST follow FCRA and State compliant adverse action procedures. HireSafe offers compliant electronic adverse action letters through our portal!
- If this is the candidate you want, it’s time for on-boarding!