Obtaining Your HireSafe Consumer File
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) you are entitled to a free copy of the information contained in your consumer file, if, within 60 days prior to your request, you have been notified of an adverse action taken towards you based upon information appearing in your consumer file, as prepared by HireSafe, for whom a client-employer has requested a background check, such as:
- Denial of your hosing application
- Required to have a deposit not required of another applicant
- Required to have a cosigner/guarantor
- Assessed a higher rental rate than another applicant
- Denied employment or a promotion
- Reassigned or terminated
Under the FCRA, you are entitled to one free copy of your consumer file as prepared by HireSafe, for whom a client-employer has requested a background check, in any twelve month period. You are also entitled to a free copy of your consumer file if you meet the following criteria:
- You have been notified of an adverse action, as set forth in the preceding paragraph.
- You reside in a state where you are entitled to one or more free copies in any twelve month period.
- You suspect that your file may contain fraudulent information, or you are the victim of identity theft
- You are unemployed or you currently receive public assistance.
The form HS/CRD-010 “Consumer Disclosure Request”, must be signed, completed in full and be printed legibly in blue or black ink. Otherwise, your request may be delayed. Download a copy of this form: Consumer Disclosure Request form HSCRD010 v2015.
Please provide a photocopy of a valid driver’s license, non-driver’s license OR state, federal or military government-issued photo ID.
MAIL the signed and completed forms to:
Data Research Network, Inc. dba: HireSafe
2228 Longport Ct. Suite 130
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Telephone: 888-792-4473 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 6 PM Pacific Time)
Obtaining Your Credit Bureau Consumer File
Your personal credit bureau file is not maintained by Data Research Network, Inc. dba: HireSafe. To obtain a copy of your credit file, including trade-line accounts such as credit cards, utility bills and bankruptcy information, please contact the national credit reporting agencies (NCRA’s) listed below:
If a copy of your personal credit report was obtained through Data Research Network, Inc. dba: HireSafe in conjunction with your application for housing or employment we will provide you with a copy of the report that was obtained if your request is received within 60 days from the date it is obtained by us. If your credit report was obtained more than 60 days prior to your request, please contact the credit bureau(s) to obtain a current copy of your personal credit report.
To dispute information contained in your Equifax, Experian or TransUnion credit reports, please contact the credit bureau(s) directly. In accordance with the FCRA, if your credit file was obtained through Data Research Network, Inc. dba: HireSafe, you may forward reinvestigation requests to the Data Research Network, Inc. dba: HireSafe Consumer Relations Department, which will in turn be forwarded to the appropriate credit bureau(s) for reinvestigation. Please do not submit credit bureau disputes to Data Research Network, Inc. dba: HireSafe which have already been initiated through the credit bureau(s). We cannot assist you with a credit dispute if we did not access your credit file on behalf of our clients.
To receive your personal credit file from a national CRA, you may do the following:
- Request a copy through the CRA’s automated system via the toll-free numbers listed below.
- Submit your request in writing to the CRA via the address below. Prior to submitting your request contact the CRA via the toll-free numbers below to obtain specific information that you should include with your written request.
- Request a copy through the agency’s web site.
- Request a copy through www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 1(877) 322-8228.
Experian National Consumer Assistance Center
Allen, TX 75013-2104
1(888) 397-3742 www.experian.com
Equifax Information Service Center
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
1(800) 685-1111 www.equifax.com
PO Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000
1(800) 888-4213 www.transunion.com
TeleCheck Consumer Service Office
Houston, TX 77210-4513
1(800) 366-2425 www.telecheck.com
FACTA Central Source
1(877) 322-8228 www.annualcreditreport.com