California Employment Background Check Services
California Employment Screening Services
California employee background check
HireSafe has 20 years experience applying employment screening services across industries in California. We are the California employment background check experts. Our experience with California's strict employment screening laws and regulations make us the right choice for California employment background checks.
Effective January 1, 2018, CA has enacted new statewide hiring laws and regulations.
- An employer can not inquire about previous criminal behavior on the employment application form (Ban the Box").
- Prior to commencing a background check a conditional job offer must be tendered.
- Prior to making a decision not to hire an Individualized Applicant Assessment must be completed to further evaluate suitability.
Unlike many online employment background check companies, HireSafe carries professional liability insurance.
HireSafe is accredited and rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
HireSafe founded the Members of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) with other members in 2003.
Our 20 year history means you can trust HireSafe to conduct FCRA compliant and California compliant employment background checks.
California Employment Background Screening
Our California based pre-employment screening company has been doing business in California for over 20 years.
California has the strictest employment screening laws and regulations so you know you can trust a HireSafe background check to be compliant.
SHRM and criminal record check compliance in California
The Society for Human Resources Management or SHRM is a great HR and background check resource. SHRM details the requirements for employment screening in California under the California Investigative Consumer Reporting Agencies Act or ICRAA.
In California employers must make themselves familiar with the many employment screening requirements. These include obtaining consent to perform a background or credit check and providing proper notices and paperwork to the potential hire these notices have many specific requirements for compliance and must include:
- A statement that an investigative consumer report may be obtained.
- A statement that the investigative consumer report is being sought for the permissible purpose of using the information for employment purposes.
- A statement that the report may contain information on the employee or applicant's character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living.
- The name, address and telephone number of the reporting agency.
- The nature and scope of the investigation requested.
- Obligations of the agency, such as how the consumer can view the file.
- The Internet website address of the investigative consumer reporting agency or, if the agency has no Internet website address, the telephone number of the agency where the consumer may find information about the investigative reporting agency's privacy practices, including whether the consumer's personal information will be sent outside the United States or its territories and other required information.
California has many requirements for the screening process after notification and consent as well. For instance when a potential hire may not be offered a job based on background report information you must follow regulated adverse action steps.
These are not the only regulations California has for employment screening, and it's a good idea to review and understand them but intimate knowledge of the compliance regulations takes a long time.
Luckily HireSafe has been trusted for over 20 years to keep you compliant with California background check regulations. Our online QuickApp ensures California complaint employment background checks with every screening.
Client based employment background screening
No monthly fees or minimum purchase requirements. You only pay for services you need.
Unlike many of our competitors, HireSafe does not offshore any business processes outside of the USA. All our employment background check work is completed from our headquarters in California.
We personally answer our phones and know our clients by name. We are always available to answer questions. In addition, we provide support and service your business needs.