Tons of traffic, bad weather conditions, alcohol and drug use all combine to make the roads more dangerous this time of year. At HireSafe we want to be sure that your family and your company make it safely through the holidays. Our pre-employment background checks keep you safe from dangerous employees, but did you know we also offer Department of Transportation compliant drug testing?
We have over 19 years of experience with DOT drug testing and our partners are the best in the business. In fact, only 3% of Third Party Administrators are certified by the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association. Our DOT Drug testing service partner i3screen is one of them. Not only that but by partnering with Quest Diagnostics™, MedTox™, Concentra™ and LabCorp™ they have over 12,000 collection sites nationwide.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) oversees drug testing compliance in the transportation and trucking industries. These requirements make HireSafe DOT drug testing different from other drug tests and are based on the DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations §49 CFR Part 40 This statute outlines the reporting requirements and the responsibilities of everyone involved including:
- The responsibilities of the employer
- The Medical Review Officer (MRO) – Licensed physician in charge of laboratory results. In our case the MRO is part of i3screen.
- Consortium/Third-Party Administrators (C/TPAs) – Manage employers drug testing in our case the C/TPA is i3screen
- The designated employee representative (DER) – The individual selected to manage the drug tests on the employer side. The DER communicates with the C/TPA and handles any safety concerns such as removing drivers from the field.
To maintain DOT compliant drug screening i3screen operates as the Medical Review Officer (MRO) and the Third Party Administrator (TPA) in accordance with federal regulations.
Acting as the TPA, i3Screen:
- Works directly with the Designated Employee Representative (DER)
- Communicates with DER for random drug testing.
- Reports results to the DER
You can read all about our DOT drug testing services here once you fill out the online form and submit it we will verify your company and when it comes to testing HireSafe will handle all the invoicing for your screenings.